Thursday, January 09, 2014

Books And Flowers...

Just before Christmas I had a little spend up on some craft books via Booktopia...
I don't buy many craft books as I usually have a few magazines that I subscribe to but since moving closer to the city I am able to choose which magazines I want to buy... 
so now I don't have many laying around the house...
 I had seen some of these books around blog land 
and 
I liked them so why not have a little spend up.

So many different blocks in this one and all the instructions for making them in different sizes
 for some ideas
 and this one I truly love
 these two I purchased for an online swap group
 seeing the weather is so different down here compared to living in the outback/bush and having temps of around 44 most days in the summer
I would never of had these beauties at this time of the year..
 there are two of these out the front of the house
but..............
the 28 parrot (common name) keep nipping the buds off!!!!
and just after I took this photo when I went to turn on the sprinklers.....
there were buds on the ground AGAIN.... buggers...

and this one is so pretty

these roses had never been pruned so Hubby had a big job with them 
when we first moved in...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun creating out of those great books.
    The roses look lovely . Shame about the 28s..
    I know all about the damage our birds can cause living in Dongara.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely books... i think they are good value as there is lots in them...
    pretty roses... I don't know the 28 parrots.... naughty things..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete