Saturday, November 06, 2010

An Oldie And A Newie....
This past week I was at home ALONE...... and I don't do ALONE well out in the middle of the bush... being a LITTLE afraid of the dark doesn't help... so I set up my machine in the lounge room on the large fold out table I have and sewed my little heart out...
I dug out this WIP called ''Home Sweet Home'' and proceed to machine quilt it free motion style...
what a job..........
It was BOM on IFQ and the bottom block had two birds in it but I decided to put a bird in the house block and do the bottom as a paddock with some sheep then added the windmill... more appropriate to my Home Sweet Home...
I forgot how big this was and trying to work on it was hard work... I have two blocks and the borders to finish....
I got a little bored with it so i decided to put it down for a few days and I started on my sisters 40th birthday quilt... pic's tomorrow on that one...

Aqua and Red

My block from Leona in the ''Quilting Block Swap Australia''...
it is just lovely... thank you Leona for being my partner...
you can check out Leona's blog here...

6 comments:

  1. Home Alone has it's challenges - but you have done a great job on that quilt.... super colours and those sheep are perfect...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt look beautiful : it make me think I have the same to be quilted....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tarnyia, Love how you adjusted your quilt to suit your Station life. Hope you have some company now.
    Happy sewing.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work - i love it! glad you survived being at home alone with a quilt for company
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt Tarnyia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:14 PM

    Beautiful quilt! (and I am glad that you like the block!)

    ReplyDelete