Sunday, May 30, 2010

No:3 Finished....
Finally I have completed something off my list of WIP's 2010... This ''friendship start'' quilt was started 2 years ago with my local craft group... with members who have moved on to greener pastures and who are still here.... we all chose a colour combination for the star and background and I have no idea why I chose orange and green!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but hey the go together quite well.... all the blocks are 12 inches finished...
I am no great photographer... unlike our friend ''chookyblue'' she is wonderful... though I did try to use some of the props from around my yard hahaha... and the pet sheep would play... as they did come to look and sniff and chew but when I went to take a pic they went camera shy....
I used a variegated thread on the long arm quilting machine we have at the local craft group to large stipple all over the star's and for the border triangles I used my domestic machine to sew one inch apart straight lines following the shape of the triangle....
This morning at 5.30am I finished sewing down the border... then waited for the sun to come up to take some photo's.... I am very happy to have number 3 off my list and have the quilt hanging over my lounge chair....
Luv T xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, very colourful ! You have a longarm at your local quilt guilde ? ! super.
    Your friendship quilt made me think I have the one make at IFQ some years ago ( with yours & Annette's blocks )waiting for quilting...Perhaps this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tarnyia, you are working on that list. Love this quilt plus great job on the basket quilt. Made the slice yesterday,Yum Yum,will be making it again. Thanks for putting up the recipe. Happy Monday.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors. Congratulations on your finish. Love your string quilt blog banner.

    ReplyDelete