Monday, May 24, 2010

A Busy Day...
MMMMMMMMMMMM Yummo... this is a Tangy Lemon Slice and so delicious... my daughter gave me the recipe and when I have tourists I make a double batch and they all go away with the recipe...
Very easy and very quick to make and very quick to disappear....
Tangy Lemon Squares/Slice
125g Butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 1/4 cups plain flour
3 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice

-Preheat oven to moderate. Grease 23cm square slab pan; line base with baking paper.
-Beat butter and icing sugar in small bowl with an electric beater until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the flour mix. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake in moderate oven about 15minutes or until browned lightly.
-Place eggs, caster sugar, remaining flour, rind and juice in medium bowl, whisk until combined. Pour egg mixture over hot base. Bake in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
-Lift slice from pan and cut into pieces. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar.
Life's A Celebration - Love
I think this is about block 7 of the Homespun Bom.. this one is designed by Monica Poole of Moon Shine Designs... I used 1/4 inch bias that I use in stain glass as I am a slacker and couldn't be bothered making the bias... oops hehehe
Looky Looky Look
I did say I just loved that sewing caddy....
so yesterday afternoon I made myself one... and yes in lime fabric...
It is now proudly sitting by my chair in the lounge room... making it look much tidier than having my sewing sitting on the arm of the chair and just waiting for a cat to sit its butt on it...
Love it.....
Luv T xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe, and the link to the bag. Yours looks so lovely, I hope the cat manages to stay away. Happy Monday.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last block is wonderful, love this design. Your lime-blue bag also !
    I try today your recipe !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. made the slice took it to the sewing circle they loved it even had a piece myself (only a small piece) thank you for the recipe and the bag site

    ReplyDelete
  4. just made this one..........had it pinned for ages........yummo.......

    ReplyDelete